The Power of Power Cycling your Equipment.
When having problems with your internet connection, the best thing to do first is power cycle both your router and your Rural Connect wireless equipment.
To reset your Rural Connect internet connection try the following steps:
1. Locate your Receiver Power Adapter (PoE), pictured below.
2. Reboot your outside radio by unplugging this adapter from AC power.
3. Wait 60 seconds then put the power plug back in.
4. If you have a router, unplug it from the power for 60 seconds.
5. After 2 minutes, check your computer for internet.
6. If none of these steps resolve your issue please Contact Us.
The steps below will help you set up most routers with your Rural Connect internet. If you require more specific help with your router or these steps do not work for you, please Contact Us.
1. Plug the cable from the LAN port of the Rural Connect provided power supply into the WAN port of the router. This port is usually yellow and is the only one.
2. Plug your other computers and/or devices into the LAN ports on the router.
3. Plug in the router's power adapter. If needed push the power button on the router to turn power on.
4. It should take a minute or two for the unit to fully power up and start to communicate with Rural Connect installed receiver outside. Then you should be good to browse the internet.
Rural Connect internet is set to work with your computer provided the Network Settings on the computer are default. Dial-Up or other previous internet service can sometimes change these settings. Computer must have a working RJ-45 (Ethernet) port. Some older computer simply will not work with our service.